A nomination? Wow!
Well, to my delight this morning, I learned that one of my fellow bloggers, the always fascinating sayanything13 had nominated me for a Liebster award.
What is this? The Liebster Award is simply a “favorite blog award”, as Liebster is the German word for favorite, beloved, or dearest. Anyway, it’s meant to highlight smaller blogs with less than two hundred followers to help expose them to the world and help them discover other new and upcoming bloggers.
Being new to the blogisphere, this seems like a fun little way to interact with fellow bloggers and lend a hand in promoting each other. I definitely appreciate the recognition.
As a nominee, one is required to fulfill certain rules as well:
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
2. Answer ten questions given to me by the blogger who nominated me.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
5. Notify my nominees.
So here I go:
1. What is your favorite genre of music?
My tastes are pretty eclectic these days. I like anything from Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons, and Keane to Katy Perry and One Direction, to even Timberland, Owl City and Michael Blubé.
2. Describe your life in three words.
Ah, creative, blessed and full.
3. If you could change one thing in history, what would it be?
The idea, act and devastation of War. Is that too far-reaching?
4. If you were arrested, who would your one phone call go to?
5. If you had the opportunity to permanently exterminate one species of bug from the planet, what would it be?
6. If you could choose how you die, what would you choose? (Too morbid? Too bad…answer)
I hate to think of it, but peacefully surrounded by family.
7. What is your favorite thing about nature?
I love trees, though I’m apparently allergic to them, and calming breezes.
8. Favorite writing utensil?
Liquid ink pens. They’re the best!!
9. Favorite food as a child? Favorite food now?
My favourite food as a child would have to be Kraft Dinner (macaroni and cheese to those unfamiliar) and now Italian food galore!
10. What is your worst fear?
Ah what a happy question to end on… I would have to say tragedy striking my family.
And now for my nominations (in no particular order):
And here are my 10 questions for them:
1. What prompted you to start a blog?
2. What is your favourite thing about the writing experience?
3. What is your favourite movie of all time? Why?
4. If you could name a colour, what would you come up with?
5. If you could have one super power what would it be? Why?
6. Where do you find your greatest inspiration?
7. If you could have a coffee with one famous figure, living or dead, who would that be?
8. If there was one song that best describes you, what would it be?
9. Who is the first person you share your writing with?
10. How do you feel about Blog awards?