Ironman’s Bucket List
I Am Ironman!
Okay so you’d think I’d be happy with my life. Sure, fighting the forces of evil is damn cool. I’ve got a pretty hot girlfriend which makes things extra sweet. And my gear, well, I’m a genius, what can I say?
But you know, even Ironman, ah, well me Tony Stark deserves to get the most out of life. Just because I’m like a millionaire doesn’t mean I have everything or have done everything I’d like to have done.
So since the forces of evil are at rest today, I thought I’d take some time and compose my Bucket List. I do have one you know.
1. Smell an exotic flower in some exotic location. Sure I’ve seen lots of flowers but I never seem to have the time to stop and actually smell one. In fact, I’m not sure I have ever smelled a flower. How sad is that? Forget the exotic location. Let’s revise: I would like to smell a flower.
2. I’d like to take Pepper out for an ice cream. You know I don’t even know what her favourite flavour is? I love Ben & Jerry’s New York Super Fudge Chunk. Ha, Super’s in the name, maybe that’s why. But the more chunks the better. I bet Pepper would like something a little more conservative like Peach Cobbler. I’ll have to ask when I take her out.
3. I’d love to read a book. Hey I’m not saying I don’t read but it’s usually tech manuals or business propositions. And since I’m constantly tweaking The Suit I have very little time to sit still long enough to get into some fascinating story. So that’s on my list, a book. Any suggestions for a man like me?
4. I’d like to build a sandcastle. You know that kid with the awesome Dad who sits on a beach and spends like forever building the best damn thing together? I never had that. My Dad had me building mechanized gadgets in his lab. No sandcastles for Tony Stark. So I would love to just sit for hours and build something phenomenal. Then I could crush it with my feet. I bet that would be fun.
5. I’d like to see the Coliseum in Rome. I’ve seen pictures and might have even flown over it a couple of times, but I’d really like to just walk inside, maybe even have a picnic with Pepper there. I bet she’d be up for that. It would make for a great date night.
I think that’s it. I didn’t say my LIST was long. Maybe I’ll get on one right now. Oh Pepper? Whataya say we go out for some ice cream?
peekiequeen fiction copyright Saturday, May 3, 2014
Writing Challenge: “Write a Bucket List for your favourite superhero,” from 642 Things to Write About, by the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto.