I am always amazed when I get recognition for anything I do.
So when I was recently nominated by Ireland today for the Starlight Blogger Award, I thought him very kind and very much appreciated the attention.
To have been discovered out of the millions of bloggers out there to me is enough. I value every single one of the followers I have earned.
I know I can look at being nominated in two ways. Either I am grateful for that extra attention (whether the award means anything really), or I can simply laugh it off, ignore and move on.
I’m not exactly sure what the Starlight Blogger Award is and frankly it doesn’t matter. But if it helps connect me with another blogger on a more personal level, I will gladly accept that.
After all, to be acknowledged by a fellow blogger miles away or even oceans apart, is simply a nice human gesture on its own.
And for that, I’m game.
Here are the rules for those who would like to play along:
1. Thank the giver and link their Blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 questions given to you.
3. Pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
4. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog please never alter the logo and never change the rules.
So from Ireland Today’s Steve, I will gladly answer my appointed questions:
They are as follows:
1. If you could change one thing in history what would it be and why?
– Stop Hitler, end of story.
2. What is something you’ve always wanted to do but was too scared to?
– Do something insanely daring. I completed that goal by ziplining this Spring above a cruise ship. I think that counts as daring, don’t you?
3. Is your blog your way of telling people that you have much more to say, than you actually do with the people you actually know, and why do you think that is?
– No my blog is a space dedicated not only to voicing my thoughts about this or that, it is the place where I come to showcase my writing talent. Through poetry, flash fiction, or the like, I try my best to demonstrate my lifelong passion of creative writing, not to mention keep up to date on my novel-writing adventure.
This award is meant to highlight and promote inspiring bloggers. So in turn, I nominate the following inspiring bloggers:
1. The Goat That Wrote: Mr. Goat does a damn fine job sharing his phenomenal photos and life’s journey, always filled with fascinating anecdotes on how he manages a difficult shot while experiencing life-changing moments in the process.
2. My TwoSentences: a gifted writer blessed with the ability to capture an exquisite moment in time brilliantly described within the confines of two sentences.
3. A Rosie Outlook: Just that, so upbeat, fun, colourful and packed full of whimsy.
4. Bowen Diaries: where Ms Elsie Bowen lives “life with a purpose” and shares incredible observations in a most eloquent or hard-hitting way.
5. Words For the Wicked: because she’s brilliant. 🙂
6. Hype Dad: sharing the ups and downs of being a new Father.
And here are YOUR questions:
1. What is a life-long passion of yours?
2. What is the greatest benefit you have found in starting your blog? How does it affect you personally?
3. If you could travel to a far off place tomorrow, where would you go and why?
I hope you will all play along and at least answer the questions raised. If not, I applaud all of your efforts just the same.
Paula Antonello Moore, Starlight Award. Copyright: Monday, August 17, 2015.
Way to go Paula!!! XO
Thanks Leanne. Every bit matters.
Congratulations Ms Starlight Blogger!! Good answers to good questions 😉 Keep on doing what you’re doing!
Ha ha thank you.